Skip navigation

Top 9 List: 5-star truck stop picks by Trucker Path users

Based on the reviews posted by users of its crowd-sourced trip planning app, Trucker Path has released a list of the nine truck stop locations with unanimous five-star ratings. The results come from 26,405 driver reviews received during the first quarter of 2016, and each location had at least 10 reviews in this period. (See the slides above.)

More significantly, a Trucker Path analysis of parking availability reveals that 12% of truck parking locations along the National Highway System are empty during peak hours on weekdays from 11 pm to 4 am, and 24 percent have empty spots, for a total of 36 percent availability.

Click to enlarge

“The data makes it incredibly clear that access to information is key to addressing the truck parking shortage," says Ivan Tsybaev, founder of Trucker Path. “Our crowdsourcing technology obtains updates from multiple users at each location to verify parking status and deliver highly accurate, real-time trip planning tools to professional drivers."

A free download, Trucker Path Pro has more than 400,000 active users that provide in excess of 136,000 weekly updates on parking locations. The company combines real-time updates from the crowdsourcing app with three years of historical data to predict availability at locations by day of week and time. The information has been verified as more than 90 percent accurate, according to the company. 

TAGS: News
Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.