IronPlanet, the online marketplace for used heavy equipment, has introduced IronPlanet LiveStream, the next generation in online bidding for live on-site auctions. IronPlanet LiveStream builds on IronPlanet’s online technology with new live on-site auction features for buyers who need to stay in the field, on the job, or who prefer the convenience of buying online, the company explained.
“IronPlanet LiveStream is as close to being in the room with an auctioneer as an experienced buyer could want,” said IronPlanet chief marketing officer, Matt Ackley. “We’ve taken that live on-site knowledge and used our online marketplace expertise to provide a best-in-class experience that our 1.5 million registered users can tap into for any live on-site sale. What’s important is that we’ve integrated our industry leading online bidding process, PriorityBidding, into the ring at a live sale.”
According to the company, with IronPlanet LiveStream bidders can:
• Place PriorityBids, which allows them to set the maximum price they are willing to pay, and lets IronPlanet’s system automatically place the lowest bid amount required for them to win – up to their maximum.
• Hear as well as view the auctioneer so that they can have a live auction experience
• Set up “One-Click” bidding to save valuable time in a competitive bidding situation.
• Create a watch list with multiple items in order to streamline their bidding and buying experience.
• View equipment with IronPlanet’s IronClad Assurance equipment condition certification and full inspection reports.
IronPlanet LiveStream debuts in Dallas-Fort Worth on Sept.14
Cat Auction Services, IronPlanet’s live on-site auction brand, is selling 320-plus items from leading Cat dealers: Warren CAT, Louisiana CAT, Mustang Cat, PipeLine Machinery and Foley Equipment beginning at 9 a.m. CT on Sept. 14. Preview is open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT
Equipment from John Deere, Caterpillar, Bobcat, Sakai, Lull, New Holland, Terex and more will be on hand. Items include late-model John Deere and Cat Crawler Tractors, Motor Graders, Track Excavators, Cat 740B and 725 Articulated Dump Trucks, Cat Backhoe Loaders, trucks from Kenworth, Peterbilt, and Freightliner, among many others.
Also in the line-up for IronPlanet’s “September to Remember:”
GovPlanet’s first three-day sale Sept. 13-15:
• Day 1 – Sept. 13: All-Humvee – 360-plus Humvees go on sale at 7 a.m. PT. GovPlanet is holding its third all-Humvee sale, for the first time featuring AM General M1123 HMMWVs built since 2000 and many with very low mileage, hard tops and doors, some with air conditioning.
• Day 2 – Sept. 14: Features 440-plus cranes, trucks, construction equipment, trailers and more.
• Day 3 – Sept. 15: GovPlanet’s first Pump & Power sale – featuring Barnes fuel transfer pumps (31), Gorman-Rupp 604T/F 600 GPM water pumps (175), Bowhead 600GPMFPT 600 GPM tactical water distribution system pumps (38) and 40+ tailored generators.
Auctions start at 7 a.m. PT; bid and buy at www.ironplanet.com or www.govplanet.com.
IronPlanet’s Two-Day Online Featured Auction: Sept. 15-16
Two days of 2,000-plus items for sale, featuring:
• A complete dispersal of 600+ items from Fowler Transportation.
• IronPlanet’s quarterly Quarry, Aggregate and Mining sale featuring 2012 & 2013 Cat 740B Articulated Dump Trucks, 2011 & 2010 Cat 980H Wheel Loaders, a 2003 Sterling LT9500 Tri/A truck and more.
• Also featuring: Komatsu Crawler Tractors, Track Excavators, and Wheel Loaders, Volvo Backhoe Loaders, Volvo T/A Conventional Tractors from Albertsons/Safeway, Walmart Freightliner Cascadia T/A Conventional sleeper cabs, late model John Deere Track Excavators and Motor Graders, and more.
• Auctions start at 7 a.m. PT