Visiting Navistar's New Carlisle Proving Grounds

Navistar recently acquired its 675 acre New Carlisle Proving Grounds facility from Robert Bosch GmbH. Originally established by the Studebaker Corp. in 1926 and sold off to Bendix in 1963 when Studebaker closed its doors (Bosch bought it in 1996), Navistar plans to test its full line of products at its New Carlisle, IN-based proving grounds center, including Class 5 through 8 commercial trucks, school buses, and military vehicles.

TAGS: News Business
Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish