Does your truck have what it takes to be a “Giant of Joplin” at 2016 Rotella SuperRigs? If you think so, then Shell is asking you to join them at the Joplin (MO) Convention & Trade Center this week. Registration for the annual show, which attracts trucks and truckers from around the country, begins at 7am Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and the judging line opens at 7:30 each day.
After a busy day experiencing Shell Rotella SuperRigs’ hospitality and checking out the trucks, the party moves to downtown Joplin. Many of the SuperRigs’ competitors will travel to the historic city center on Friday where they will stage their rigs, turn on their lights and pump up the music.
Follow the coverage from American Trucker each day on Twitter.
The online registration form is available here.
Thursday, June 9
- 7:00am-7:00pm - Event Registration Open
- 7:30am-7.00pm - Judging Line Open
- 8:00am–7:00pm - Concessions and Vendor Booths Open
- 8:30pm-10:30pm - Movie
Friday, June 10
- 7:00am-5:00pm - Event Registration
- 7:30am-5.00pm - Judging Line Open
- 8:00am-5:00pm - Concessions and Vendor Booths Open
- 5:30pm - Trucks Begin to Depart for Downtown Joplin
- 6:00pm-10:00pm - SuperRigs Truck Parade, Entertainment, Best Lights Judging, Concert, Fireworks
Saturday, June 11
- 7:00am-4:00pm - Event Registration/Hospitality Desk Open (Contest Registration Closes at 10:30am)
- 7:30am-11:30am - Judging Line Open
- 8:00am-4:00pm - Concessions and Vendor Booths Open
- 2:00pm-3:00pm - Shell Rotella SuperRigs Awards Presentation
- 4:00pm - Event Closes