DALLAS. Small carriers can now get access to truck breakdown assistance, road service, towing, and accident dispatch services at negotiated discounts through Apex Capital’s 24/7 Roadside Rescue program. Along with big fleet buying power, the program assists Apex clients with everything from simple diagnostic help to full-service repair management.
The Apex 24/7 Roadside Rescue Program covers emergency roadside assistance, fleet towing, tires, oil changes, preventative maintenance and much more. It’s a full-service breakdown and on-the-road maintenance solution for carriers, the company says.
The program has a nationwide roadside assistance network of over 85,000 discount providers that perform a variety of services and a 24/7 U.S. based call center located in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. The call center is staffed by certified technicians, and there’s a flat, $50 service fee for the call—although multiple call for the same incident won’t mean additional charges, explained Jeremy Kilpatrick, NEXTLoad manager for Apex.
“The technicians will help diagnose the problem—they’re trained in tractor-trailers,” he said. “It saves a lot of time and money. By having the providers we have, we’re eliminating some of the price gouging that happens when a tow service comes out at 3 AM. And to negotiate these types of rates for a one- or two-truck operator, that’s going to be hard for them to do.
“The carriers and drivers are going to be treated fairly, and they’re going to know going into it what the price for the repair is going to be,” Kilpatrick continued. “The call center is going to walk them through all that.”
Apex 24/7 Roadside Rescue features:
- Breakdown assistance, including tire repair and replacement, brake repair, battery replacement, reefer repair, lockouts, air and cooling system repair, and jump starts.
- Towing assistance, including equipment re-positioning, secure storage, drop deck and lowboy support, pull starts, and secondary towing after accidents.
- Cargo assistance including load shifts, load transfers, warehousing, decking program, storage, repackaging, and disposal.
- Recovery assistance, including medium and heavy duty wreckers, trailer lifts, rotators, accident management, police call management, and invoice review and negotiation.
- Maintenance assistance with dedicated technicians assigned to manage your account, real-time operations notifications, and reduced costs for repairs and service.